Friday, June 4, 2010

*scuttle scuttle*

Hi guys. No, I haven't died. No, I didn't forget about you. I've just been super-duper-really-busy and I've never been good at keeping blogs going anyway. I'm quiet and private by nature so the whole idea of taking time out to broadcast my thoughts and doings to the world has always been a weird one for me. Why should you care about what I've been up to? Maybe I'll understand some day, but for now I'll just take it on faith that you are annoyed at me for not updating my blog in almost a month. For this I apologize! *dramatic bow*

Okay, so that's out of the way. What now? Oh yes, my job. My job has been taking up my life. I'm not sure how this is going to work. I worked a little over 14 hours yesterday. 14 hours! They keep saying that as soon as this website is pushed out then things will go back to the usual 8am to 5pm, and I admit that was the case today, but... oi.

On the other hand I have money now. Which means I can buy things like recording equipment. Which means I can start playing around with music more and you might get to hear some!

Oh, you want an explanation about the change in blog title, don't you? In case you haven't been reading Lauren's blog (which you should, as she's a good writer and updates far more often than me) the tour has been ixnayed. Basically it came down to us running around, waving our hands in the air, and screaming, "Oh crap, we have a month to go and there's NOTHING IN PLACE!" No venues. No shows. No (okay, not enough) money.

Alright, that was a lie. What actually happened was we sat down like the responsible adults we are, analyzed the situation, and realized we ought to have an album before we do any sort of tour. (Hmm.. maybe that's a lie too. But the truth's somewhere in the middle, I guarantee it.) So the plan as of now is this: I still take off the month I've obtained and we spend it (and our money saved thus far) recording an album and doing shows in the northwest (or maybe just Portland, I'm a little fuzzy on scope.)

Umm... okay, I have to stop writing now, gracious reader. So... here's a picture of a cat.


Thank you, come again!

2 comments:

  1. That's the greatest picture ever.

    And they're making you work 14 hour days now?! Oy vey. No bueno.

    Glad you're still taking the month off. Sent out some emails today about shows and such. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty awesome cat picture. I like your blog. I hope you keep writing it.

    ReplyDelete